Most of the insects and fungus that attack vegetable plants are the same all over the world.
These pests appear every year, year by year, in different amounts, and in different stages of the crop season, and damage the plants, thus resulting in yield loss.
The Knowledge of how to identify and eradicate them, will minimize their effect on your yield.
The vegetable crops I am referring to are mainly:
Tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, melon, water melon, squash, pumpkin, eggplant, strawberry and green beans.
Leaf vegetables also belong to this category, and are:
Lettuce, Parsley, basil, coriander, oregano, tarragon, celery, dill, mint, spinach, rucola leaves, and you will be surprised, also cannabis is threatened by some of these pests.
Some of these pests are harmful to other non-vegetable crops, like flowers and trees.
Pesticides are planned and developed to evaporate.
In most cases if you harvest your fruits, one week after the last spray, there will not be any pesticides remaining in the fruits.
That means that in designated test labs, no traces of pesticides will be found.
For the leafy vegetables it’s better to wait a week and a half, between the last spray, and the harvest.
These different pests will not necessarily appear in every season, because their appearance is affected by the climate.
This is why sometimes their effect is more aggressive than other times, but they always carry the potential to cause great damage.
You might also like these articles:
- A Comprehensive Guide to Caterpillar Pest Control
- Bacterial leaf spot treatment
- Beneficial insectaries
- Best insecticides for vegetables garden
- Combatting Early Blight: Understanding and Treating Alternaria Leaf Spot in Tomatoes
- Combatting Thrips: Effective Strategies for Eliminating and Controlling Pest Infestations
- Desert Wonders: Cultivating Beautiful Cactuses
- Effective Control Methods for Japanese Beetles and Grubs in Your Garden
- Effective Ways to Control Leaf Miners: Chemical, Organic, and Biological Treatments
- Fusarium wilt treatment
- Getting rid of mealy bugs
- Grey Mold: A Fungus That Damages Crops – Symptoms and Ways to Eliminate It with Chemical and Organic Pesticides