In related to that, Spraying is expensive, takes time,
it is inconvenient and can be dangerous if not protected properly.
So, you want spraying, to be as efficient as it can be.
It is possible to combine and mix two different kinds of pesticides, and spray them together at the same time.
For example, if your crop is suffering at the same time, from spider mites and powdery mildew,
and you have pesticide A, against spider mites, and pesticide B, against powdery mildew,
you can mix them together and spray them, at the same time, on your crop.
In this way you save time and you can control two different kinds of pests, spraying only once.
Furthermore, if you have, for example, only the presence of one pest, like spider mites, on your crop,
you can mix two different pesticides that both kill spider mites, and spray them together, thus increasing lethality.
Don’t mix more than 2 pesticides together at the same time.
These are chemicals.
Too many of them can cause a contradiction between each other, or burn the young plant’s leaves.
This is called phytotoxicity.
A combination of insecticide plus insecticide, or insecticide plus fungicide, or fungicide plus fungicide is o.k.
Also, insecticide plus oil is fine.
When you are mixing two different pesticides in a bucket, first put some water.
Then, add pesticide no.1, dissolve it, add pesticide no.2, mix again and pour everything into the sprayer tank.
Then add the rest of the water that is necessary for covering all your crop area.
Using a fogger to spray is also a great way to enhance the efficiency of pesticides.
Check this post about it.
You might also like these articles:
- Pests and us
- How to Combat Pests During Growing Season: The Importance of Using Multiple Pesticides to Prevent Resistance and Maximize Yield
- How to differentiate between pesticides
- How to find your pesticide in a store
- The Ultimate Guide to Eradicating Spider Mites: Chemical, Organic, and Biological Methods to Control the Pests that Damage Vegetable Crops
- Protect Your Plants from Whitefly Infestation and Virus with These Tips!
- How to Control Aphids: Chemical, Organic, and Biological Methods for Effective Pest Management
- Combatting Thrips: Effective Strategies for Eliminating and Controlling Pest Infestations
- Effective Ways to Control Leaf Miners: Chemical, Organic, and Biological Treatments
- Tuta absoluta Moth: Prevention and Control Methods for Tomato and Eggplant Farmers
- A Comprehensive Guide to Caterpillar Pest Control
- Grey Mold: A Fungus That Damages Crops – Symptoms and Ways to Eliminate It with Chemical and Organic Pesticides