Whether it is you, who is spraying, or one of your employees, safety, is first.
You need to cover all of your body parts with the proper protective equipment.
In this way, spray drift won’t be inhaled or be touched.
Of course, wearing the protective clothing should start even before the spraying stage,
in the stage of opening the pesticide pack and mixing it with the water.
Spraying suit should cover all your body.
It’s totally sealed against the mist created by the spray.
There are thin suits and disposable suits.
It’s very important that the suit is light,
because it’s very hot, wet, sweaty and annoying inside it, while spraying.
The mask should be a full-face mask, or half face mask, if you are using goggles to protect your eyes.
The filters allow only clean air to be inhaled.
They should be changed to new ones occasionally, depending on how long they have been used.
The mask should be sealed, and clean air can enter only through the filters.
Smell is deliberately added to pesticides, so if you do smell them, when spraying, you should check if the mask is properly sealed, and if it is, the problem is with the filters.
When spraying you are not supposed to smell pesticides.
If so, change the filters to new ones.
Old or heavily used filters don’t work well.
Gloves, are very important to wear, also prior to the spraying stage,
while measuring the pesticides quantities and mixing them.
For spraying, use durable gloves and not disposable ones, because the last are thin and can be torn quite easily.
After the spray wash and dry all safety gear.
You might also like these articles:
- Vegetables’ physiological problems
- Vegetable garden sprayer
- Tuta absoluta Moth: Prevention and Control Methods for Tomato and Eggplant Farmers
- Tomato plant diseases pictures
- Tomato pith necrosis
- Tomato leaf mold
- The Ultimate Guide to Eradicating Spider Mites: Chemical, Organic, and Biological Methods to Control the Pests that Damage Vegetable Crops
- Safety in spraying
- Protect Your Plants from Whitefly Infestation and Virus with These Tips!
- Protect Your Crops from Severe Downy Mildew Infestation with These Effective Pesticides: Organic and Chemical Options
- Preventing and Treating Damping Off in Seedlings
- Pre spraying stages